It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 3...part 2

A beach house holds all kinds of possibilities....and one of the things I love the most about it is the kitchen...and the possibility of a wonderful meal without having to leave the house. I love nights of vacation like this..when you can come in from the beach...leave the make up off...let the hair dry on it's own...and relax. No getting everyone in the car or waiting for a table for who knows how long stands in your way of supper. I love making a great beach meal...and having everyone gather in the kitchen..plates are piled, drinks are poured and then as the kids sit at the table...I slip outside..to the quiet deck with the rest of the adults for a peaceful meal with a view like no other...over looking the bay..but also looking through the window at my littles...
My Key West Shrimp has become a vacation tradition..with bread and a salad it's just the perfect beach meal!

 With full tummies we spent the evening at the beach.....
 I love my littles so much...and truly think they are beautiful...but with the beach as their backdrop they take my breath away...truly they do...








 The brothers have a very special relationship....they would be lost without each other and I could really see this as I watched them this week...everything they do they do together and they like it that way. They are beautiful boys ...inside and out...I am so blessed to have these boys...
 And the girls...although so different from each other....have a connection too...sisters who care and love...giggle and laugh...this picture is so perfect...Sk holding back and Lila lunging on...Sk cautious and careful...Lila fearless
 Riggs is growing up before my eyes...and as confidence creeps into his life and into his heart...I see him growing in so many ways...I can tell you that he lets himself feel more and try more and I love that about him...here he closed his eyes and let the wind surround him...and he didn't care what he might look like or what someone might say...it's seems like such a little thing to notice but I did notice and I was so happy....to watch him feel free.....
 Sarah Kate loved the beach breezes too...she was lovely....just lovely....



We are all drawn to the sand...we long to touch it and feel it in our hands...write a message..leave our mark...even if it's just for a moment before the ocean washes it away....





Our beach races are also tradition...and so much fun!  It's brother  against sister....


The whole family races....

 and don't forget the relay races.....but it's all so fun!


 This beach night ended when Lila Ray got soaked by a big wave....
 She wanted to go back to the house and change....
 and we did..into tennis attire...it was a great way to end the night!


No comments:

Post a Comment