It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

last day of school

It was finally here...the last day of school! Mrs. Parrott's class held an Auction to spend all their market day money....and Papaw Mike came to be the auctioneer!
He was amazing and the kids loved it! It was the perfect end to the perfect year for Riggs! Mrs. Parrott was the perfect teacher for Riggs in every way and I can't thank her enough for such a wonderful year!

Jenna and I had promised the kids an end of the year trip to Kings Island so we decided to pick them up a little early to make the most of our day. I went to get Rollins in his class and I had to say goodbye to Mrs. Howard....who lives in my neighborhood and who I will see many times this summer...I will probably see her tomorrow with Henry at the pool...but the goodby was not just for the day...it was so much more than that. It hurt my heart. I was saying goodby to a teacher that I had had for three years...two years with Riggs and one with Rollins.  I was saying goodbye to an amazing...change your child teacher. I was saying goodbye to a comfortable, easy relationship...friendship with a teacher I love, admire, and respect.  I hugged her goodbye and I lost it..hot tears ran down my face. I can't thank you enough, Ashley Howard, for every little thing you did for my boys. I love you from the bottom of my heart...and my boys love you too...so very much.

I wiped the the tears and headed out the door...goodbye for the summer Goshen...a van full of excitd kids and Kings Island was calling my name!
They were so excited...and a little nervous about the roller coasters that are the sky line of King's Island! But the fabulous foursome were ready to give it a try....I just absolutley adore these boys!

The Divas were ready to take the park by storm too!
We started little...on the Woodstock Express...which used to be the Beastie I think. The boys loved it! Sk was scared to death!


When the ride was over Riggs gave her a high five...so sweet!
 The Merry Go Round is more Sarah Kate's style...and everyone happily rode it with her!
 Kings Island is all about the blue smurf ice cream! Jenna and I could not wait to let them try it...to share a piece of our childhood with them...I took this picture right as they got...capturing that first blissful lick, but in three minutes all 6 cones were in the trash can...they hated it!

We worked our way up the the Vortex! Now when I was little the Vortex was "it" but now there are 3 other coasters bigger and better there that all the boys were too little to ride. The Vortex still made them a little nervous as we waited in line. In fact at one point Riggs wanted to bail...but I encouraged him to give it a try...so he did.
They all loved it! I still can't believe my little peanut, Rollins, is tall enough to ride the Vortex! Now they were big time!
The boys rode many more coasters as the day went on...it was a day like no other at an amusment park. There was no sun...none.....and no lines...none. When they got off a ride and wanted to ride it again...they just got right back on...it was awesome! Sarah Kate and I snuck away while they rode a few rides for some that were more her style....she laughed and screamed the whole time!

Colin and Riggs wrote Schools Out on their manly chests in honor of the day and the beginning of summer! It was the perfect way to start their summer break....and it just may have to be a tradition! We headed home tired and happy....and with a hopeful feeeling for all the fun days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment