It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

This Valentines Day we woke up warm and happy in our beds. Mother nature had blanketed the streets with just enough snow to delay school for two hours. We had more time and it was amazing!

We were able to have a slow morning and enjoy our heart shaped doughnuts....every last bit of them!
and sit on the couch sipping hot chocolate...it was a nice, slow morning...truly a gift!
Once at school I spend the day hosting party after party for my littles....it was beyond fun! Love truly was all around on this day!






I was really taken with how much love the kindergarten class shows one another...I just sat there looking at Sarah Kate from behind..so in love with her pig tails...and her squeals of delight as she partied with her friends! I just loved every second of it!



The parties were a lot of work...but the kids had so much fun...and the parents that were there cried at the videos I had made...they were so touched by them. And I hope that the parents that were not there felt a little love swell in their heart at the same time their message was shown on the screen to their child. I know they children felt the love....I could see it on their faces.  I am so lucky to be able to experience this...these moments in the class room. To see these faces and to know these kids. I can't tell you how many little ones slipped me a valentine they had made for me and hugged me on this day...but I can tell you I cherished every one....and my heart filled with love every time! I am a room mom of 3 and lucky as can be!
Back home after our big party day....we relaxed a little bit...the littles got their Valentines from us...Lila loved her doggy which she named Valentine!
and SK settled on the couch to enjoy her new book....
Eating a piece of chocolate she lost her front tooth too...she has a new Valentine smile!
For dinner we gathered by candlelight in the dining room for heart shaped pizza and heart shaped Cookie cake!

We drank a special Valentine punch in special Valentine glasses!
We said cheers to our family and the love we share!
Sure I was in my sweat pants but it was perfect...just perfect!
After dinner we made a Valentine canvas to remember this special Valentines Day.....we had so much fun doing this....all working together to create something to remember these memories we were making by the second....





After it was finished we put our masterpiece on the mantle to dry! The littles were so proud!
It's not perfect...or adorable...but I know I will get this out every Valentines Day for the rest of my life...and love it as much every year as I do today....probably more.
Our Valentines Day was perfect...full of love, family and friends from start to finish. Love truly is the greatest gift...to give and to get! Happy Heart Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment