It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

big heart

If you don't know Rollins Hardy...well, you are missing out...in my opinion. This little guy at 8 has so much love and kindness in his heart.He constantly makes me stop and shake my head in awe of his faithful love. Today on this first day of school he had a little homework...a little questionnaire to fill out.  Question #9:
What do you think will be the biggest difference between this school year and last year?

Rollins' answer: Learning to be without my best friend. I worry because he has seizures 


Unbelievable right? Faithful. Loving. Kind. He is one in a million, I tell you....one in a million!
 He loves Braden...in a big big way. They don't compete...or hold each other back. They love. They don't get in trouble or talk too much. They love. They are there for each other in a way may adults are still searching for. They love. They are lucky....and precious...so very precious.
 And I get this...I get this need to worry....and I get this need to cherish the love you have. I think that is why I understands Rollins and how he cares for Braden... and for him it's just like breathing....just second nature. I have been there.... when I was just his age. I had a buddy.... she was my tree climbing friend...my Strawberry Short Cake loving girl.....she was the best at hide and seek...and she could make me giggle until I thought  I might pee my pants...she was my friend, Sarah Beth... and I sure loved her.
She died...not long after this picture was taken...she was just playing one day..outside...and it was an aneurysm that took her. She was there and then she was gone...and I missed her for the longest time.  Time is short and life is precious and I don't want Rollins to worry but I am sure happy that he loves Braden in that big of a way that he does. It shows me it's real and I am so thankful for real friendships past...present...and future....

No comments:

Post a Comment