It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, August 12, 2012

One more summer night for the boys of summer....

With the tent in the back yard, Riggs asked for one more summer night with his crew....and I just couldn't say no...I think I am more sad about summer coming to a close than my littles are.....
 The boys have asked for Mr. Reinhart to come to every sleepover....but so far all summer he had yet to make an appearance. As dark fell the boys of summer headed to the tent...hoping for Reinhart....


Tonight the crazy old man who lives over the hill stopped by.....


 He taunted.....he teased......he shook the tent...
 and finally he went in for his first victim.....
 Davis....squeals erupted....the boys were holding on to him...and laughing so hard....
 He chased them..... and they hid and he hid and they had a ball plotting and scheming against Mr. Rheinhart....finally they got back in the tent.....sitting ducks and so Mr. Rheinhart headed in for his second capture.......

 Jack Frazee.....
 Jack was laughing so hard...I was pretty sure he was going to pee his pants!
 Rheinhart took no mercy with "The Fray"!


 and just like that Mr. Rhinhart disappeared....and the boys of summer headed in for a snack and root beer floats.....talking non stop about Mr. Rheinhart....



 This is the part that kills them....every time.....Jeremy walks in and asks what all the screaming was about while he was in the shower? They just can't stand it......
I am so glad we got to end the summer with a little Rheinhart fun!
 I love seeing Riggs with his friends...he lights up....and they mean so much to him....
 He truly is a good friend....and he truly has good friends...he is a lucky boy...
 They headed to the tent for lights out.....and end to the night...and in a way the end to the summer. I will say that I have fallen in love with this crew....my boys of summer....they are funny and amazing....and big.... but still so little too. I got them all settled and zipped the tent up...and as I stood there I fought the urge to tell them I loved them. I pictured the eye rolling on the other side of the tent so I refrained from saying it out loud...but I said it to myself. I can't help it...I am head over heels! I just do....I love these boys.....the boys of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment