It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hillcrest Triathalon 2012

 The  4th annual  Hillcrest Triathalon arrived. It is tradition now to do this fun event. I will never forget the day Riggs came home from school four years ago and announced he wanted to do a triathlon. We could hardly believe our shy little guy would even consider such an event....

But he did.....


 and for some reason on this day....as I watched him repeat this event four years later...I would see him...but my heart would blink and see him four years ago...

I'm nervous, Moma....
You can do it, baby.....

 Stand with you class mate and let Moma take a picture, .......


 I remember thinking there is no way he will make it across that pool..he can barely swim....he had no idea how to freestyle....he just doggy paddled the whole way...while I held my breath....
 So unlike the fast, fluid movements I watch today......

 The boy I watched in the triathlon today didn't need any help at all...he didn't even need someone to pray he got his shoes tied.....

I've got this, Mom....... and he did.
and I waited at the finish line full of hope for a happy ending....a race he was proud of....
GO little buddy....you are almost there!!!!!

GO Riggs GO!!!!! You take my breath away....

You did it, baby!

Great job, sweet boy...here Moma got you a drink.....

Way to go, Riggs...oh good...glad you got some water already....

I just could not get that little, toothless boy out of my head today...
but I also enjoyed watching this toothless wonder.....Rollins was so fun to watch today...

This child just finds the joy in everything.....
He always has.....even the first time he did this triathlon.....

We were so proud of  him.....and he was so proud of himself!
It was a beautiful morning and we we all happy to watch the boys do their thing!


As we waited for awards at the finish line...a balloon escaped...and I sent up a wish with it for a happy ending to our morning....


and it was....Riggs came in 1st place in his age group...and Rollins came in 3rd...

We are so proud of our boys....not for the trophies they got but for trying so hard....so, so very hard.
and I am  so very thankful for events that happen every year...the ones where you get the flash backs of little toothless smiles and you remember the feelings of a new adventure...these events let you see the impressions..the moments that are sealed in your heart...the ones you remember with fondness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment