It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Getting our Teachers

 We went first thing in the morning to see who our teachers would be. We were all nervous....and excited....but everyone was...you could feel it in the air. It was that uncertain feeling....the just not knowing feeling...but we knew it would soon be over...soon we would know. There were so many amazing teachers we had already had before that they could get so that made us all feel better. Fingers crossed....seriously SK kept her fingers crossed...we went in...hoping for great teachers and friends galore in all their classes. Riggs was the most worried about this part and I just hoped that would work out for him.I knew it would...for some reason I was concerned about this and talked to his teacher last year before the school ended..and she said she knew who he played with on the playground and promised me he would be ok ;) with that part.
 We waited in all the lines and finally got to the table to find out our teacher.......drum roll please....Riggs got Mrs. Kittleson.....Rollins got Mrs. Noon....and Sarah Kate got Ms. Spenlau. Not one teacher we had had before...and at first this hurt my feelings as I questioned why they would not want my kids again but I was never for one second disappointed in the teachers they got. Teacher wise we hit the jackpot!  The teachers we got are amazing and I know we are going to have amazing years academically...how could we not with these ladies!? We are so excited..now it was on to discover was was in their classes. We were on the prowl for friends!
 We lingered at school a bit and Rollins discovered one buddy in his class..Griffin Baron. They have never been in class together but Rollins really likes him and they had a sleepover together this summer. With laid back, friendly Rollins that was all we had to have ...just one buddy. Teacher Day is funny...the e mails, Facebook and texts are off the hook as parents try to connect their kids to friends in the classes. I spent the rest of the day on and off my phone trying to connect SK and Riggs to friends. Sarah Kate's class was crazy....the connection to friends was instant as the names rolled in for her...Emery, Abby, Tyler, Jace, Davis, Preston, Janie, Saylor...by lunch we knew her whole class and she knows them all! With Riggs the friends just were not connecting...but I knew they were there I just had to wait and dig more. He was teary and worried and I hated that for him We headed to the mall for lunch and to make first day of school T-shirts and have a little fun time!
As the day went on.....we discovered the teachers of all his friends....none of them are in his class. Not one. As his friends grouped into other classes together the tears fell. It was a hard day...and my heart broke for him. His friends are more important now to him than they have ever been. We did discover a few boys we know...no one that has ever been over for a sleep over for a birthday party but I am sure that will all change. Riggs just doesn't know that yet...and I could tell him 1000 times but for now he is sad about it...and I hate that...especially since a promise was involved. I am sure it will be fine....but fine is not my favorite word when it come to my littles...

All this got me thinking about my role at Goshen...how much time, effort and love I put in to the school. How much I love this school.....how much I love my littles...and I discovered that this thought was the one that was resting on my heart....

and this is why my heart is so clouded at Goshen because I give out of love...I do.  This I don't even question....  I love and help everyone at the school whether my children work with them or not....making dinner for a janitor who has a sick child is not going to propel my child to higher heights but it makes my heart feel good...and it kind and helpful.  I have never asked for or requested a teacher...I have never asked for anything.... but I sure give...with my heart full of love for this school. And it's not just the school...I try to live my life with love in my heart in all that I do.... but that being said...I think we all want someone love us back. We just do.

So wish us luck as we propel forward into another school year....I can't wait to see where this year takes us! No matter what I will be giving with love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment