It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, August 26, 2012

XC meet count down....

We are about a week away from our first official meet of the season...we are really trying to make these last days count for our Gators. We were so happy to have Jeff come review form and breathing.
 Riggs is really looking good, but honestly we are not sure where he is...where his head is this season and how he is measuring up.  It has been more difficult that we thought for him to be the team leader this year.  He still struggles with his confidence....even with running. Last year he had people who consistently beat him...like Brandt and Nicole...people to push him...pace him. If he ever beat them it was an awesome boost...and if he didn't that was fine too because it was not expected.  So it has been hard for him to be the leader....knowing that bad days come...and bad races happen and that one day he will probably loose to someone he is not expecting to....and knowing how devastating that might be to him.  We are especially nervous about these first races that are so short.
 The team is great and I have so loved getting to know the new kids....and the new families....
 Tonight they got their XC letters.....I make one for every kid on the team..and point out why we are most proud of them...it takes a long time....but when the Coaches pass them out...and they read them...and that little smile creeps onto their face...it's worth every minute I put into them...
 I could not love my XC boys more.....but I sure love every child on this team too.

 I want to lift every single one of them up....and let them know they count...that they matter to the team....
I am so excited about our upcoming meets and I can't wait to see what the season brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment