It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back home

Cross Country brought me back home this morning....back home to Trimble County. The meet was at the park where I have so many memories that seem like a lifetime ago.  But life is different now...a life that revolves around so much more and so many more...and we were all back in Trimble County for Riggs.  Mom came...Nana Came...Dad and Padget came...Grandpa and Bumpa came....and we were there to cheer on our Goshen Gator! 


Riggs was extra excited for this meet. I think he just loves the meets so much and he knows there are only a few left this season...he is really going to miss it...we are all really going to miss it...and I hope and pray this boost in his confidence will be enough to carry him thru until  the next season starts.  Please let it me.....


He finished fourth on the team...fourth overall...and had his best time of 12:16 in a 3K race. Both the Goshen boys and girls took first place overall. Thank you Trimble County for being so kind to the Goshen Gators!

 

So I hugged Jeff Vincent goodbye and thanked him for such a great meet....told my Aunt Nancy I loved her....and we headed back through Bedford to go home for the rest of our busy day. And as we drove through town I looked back with the intent of looking at the courthouse...the library...my hometown that holds a very special place in my heart.... but I never saw past the little boy sitting in the back seat...holding tightly to the medal that hung around his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment