It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, October 1, 2010

Goshen FUNDrun!


The boys participated in the fund run today! The cool, fall weather was right on que and this outside event was so much fun for the kids and so great for the school. I can not say enough good things about Goshen Elementary. I love this school with all my heart...and with my volunteering in both classes, being room mom for both classes, being on the PTA, and all the extra stuff...I am there quite a bit and I love every minute of helping and giving back to this amazing school.  The girls and I went together to cheer on Riggs in the morning. The kids came out and were so excited and happy and it was so touching for me to see the runner emerge from the class.  The kids gathered around Riggs and talked to him about the run they were getting ready to do. When the DJ announced that it was time to start many kids said "Riggs it's getting ready to start!" . As a mother, I can't tell you how long I have waited to see something like this for Riggs and how good it felt to see him smile with a shy pride as he walked to the starting line.  Things may change...that I know...but for today Riggs was not in limbo in the world...he had a place and it felt good...today he was the runner. And the runner did not disappoint!

Riggs ended up doing 26 laps...the most any one did in the school.  He never said a word but his smile said it all!

Rollins Alexander held his own today too...completing 20 laps! That is amazing for a first grader and I am quite sure he was a cutest gator on the track!He went out there all smiles and gave it his all...just like he does with everything! So amazing that the boys had so much fun and did so well.....now to write the check to Goshen for how well they did! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment