It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Riggs...another Saturday at cross country

Our Saturdays are full...from beginning to end and this one was no different.After getting up at 5 with a tired yawn I got up and got our day organized.  I dropped of Mom , Sarah Kate and Rollins to Rollins' soccer game...and with guilt for not being there but for a few minutes I took the field in and wished my sweet Rollins  good luck as Lila and I headed to cross country...if only I could be two places at once.
Good luck Rollins...I love you!
I am so glad you have another soccer game tomorrow and also flag football for me to watch!

At cross country I felt frazzled as I had missed a meeting about the banquet ...but it was worth the few minutes I got to see Rollins play...it's just hard sometimes to do it all...or maybe I should say to do it all like I want to do it...with all my heart.  But then it was on to the meet and getting excited for Riggs...and his first race with his new spikes. Watching him get ready is something to watch...he gets focused and quiet...and this is when the nerves really set in for me...when he gets that pensive, focused look.


I am always anxious for the race to begin and excited as they take off in a loud herd of thundering boys but soon the thundering is gone and it is quiet countryside again as you wait for them to emerge from the course. It is going to sound crazy but it is in this quiet few minutes that I pray...every race...I pray for Riggs and for his heart and his stamina and his will. I tell God how proud I am of him and I thank him for the changes in my son that I feel running has brought on...I am just so thankful and so as I wait I pray.
 I snap back to the world around me as the noise grows as the first runners emerge.
On this day Riggs came in third on the team and 7th in the entire race!
 At the award ceremony he got a special medal for being in the top ten...he took it home and added it to his collection!

 The Goshen boys came in second place to Hite-who race 6th graders. It was a great meet and he said he felt faster in the spikes for sure!

Today Jeremy stepped in as coach as Coach Lee was out of town...after everyone left he was able to step out of that role and be daddy again.... and just be proud of Riggs!
And that was just the morning...now on to the afternon and the evening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment