It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, October 1, 2010

Goshen Fall Festival-2010

Tonight we headed out the Goshen Elementary Fall Festival....a flurry of pumpkins to decorate, cake walks, face painting, dunk booths, pony rides....and most importantly all the kids' friends...and so many of mine!I had the kids all cute and decked out in their first Halloween gear of the season...ready to enjoy the festival as a family.....and then it happened...if I could insert sound effects this is where you would hear the record scratch...interrupting the song you love. When we got there Riggs ate with us and then asked with pleading eyes if he could go off with his friends....and with a breaking heart, I smiled...gave him some tickets and watched him walk out the door with his friends.....and away from me.


 I later saw Stephanie and she asked where Riggs was and I told he was off with Alex and some more of his friends...she saw the sad in my eyes and simply said..."you have 3 more!"....so true. I just see him growing up so fast in so many ways all at once...so I enjoyed watching him from a distance with his friends and enjoyed in close proximity with the other three. I will admit that Lila's excitement every time she picked a duck from the duck pond really helped ...precious beyond precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment