It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, October 29, 2010

Goodbye dear friend

It's like a part of our family...the plaid couch that Jeremy and I bought in Ozark Missouri when we were newlyweds. We have been through alot. I laid on that couch and cried in Missouri when I was so home sick and Jeremy and I watched movies....just the two of us cuddled up together on the plaid couch when there were no littles. It has seen throw up, sweet tea, pee, and popcorn.....it has been bounced on...made into a fort and been part of an obstacle course. It has been slapped in frustration at a UK game and jumped on with joy!  It has watched Santa, the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy come and go with the magic they bring. It has watched me nurse every baby and held us all for a nap at one time...it is a part of me...a part of us.











And even as we took the cushions off to prepare to move it out...there were pieces of us left....a lego, Popsicle sticks from sore throats I am sure, a ribbon of Sarah Kate's, a checker, a medicine dropper from a wresting match with Lila trying to get her fever down, a hair clip, and pieces of popcorn from a family movie night...pieces of us...our memories.

 And as the plaid couch was taken out the front door...ten years of memories flooded over me...and I actually cried...it was so sad to watch her leave but we waved goodbye and we will settle into the new couch and make so many more memories. I couldn't bear to part with the plaid pillows...just couldn't do yet... so tonight I think I will settle into the new couch with one of my old, loved, plaid pillows beneath my tired head.

No comments:

Post a Comment