It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Derby City here we come!

Today we went to Riggs' first meet with the Derby City team. It was a qualifyng meet to participate in the national meets in Lexington and Orlando. It's a big deal for your child to compete in anything...in the school..against other schools in the area...in the state..and now here we are gettng ready to compete on a national level.Riggs has had so many cramps at practice with Derby City and so they really have not gotten to consistantly see him shine. It was strange to see him in this new uniform..the rust and baby blue after a season in Goshen Gator green and yellow.



Riggs was excited to be running with his age group since he spent the Goshen season running with kids older...and in most cases bigger than him.Jeremy and I were excited to see what he could do as a leader in his age group. We did all out pre work like clockwork....carbs, protein, walk through, warm up, spikes on, good luck hugs and kisses...and he was ready to run! The gun went off and he was gone...and I mean gone.
I waited by the finish line with the kids while Jeremy chased the runners..each of us going what we could at the time. Trenton Fryman, a very talented middle school runner on our team, looked over at me and said he would be looking for them to show up when the timer was about at the 8 minute mark. Sounded good to me so I settled into to the 8 minute wait. I looked up as I heard the Gator and the first runner coming toward me...and the first runner was Riggs Hardy without another runner in sight behind him. He crossed the finish line at 6:52.

Riggs was so pleased...and we were so happy for him!


No comments:

Post a Comment