It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh Christmas tree....2010

I put up the tree and none of the lights worked this year....our prelit Christmas tree had given up on us. Jeremy couldn't believe it...and so an hour after plugging in the strand individually and checking bulb after bulb.....Clark Grizwald took the scissors to it...and our prelit tree was hopeless. And with a tight budget that doesn't include a new tree this year...and four littles waiting to decorate the tree...I just added more light strands to our non working, cut up, pre lit tree...and no one cared a bit. I unwrapped each ornament and handed them to who I thought would most like to hang each one.  I adore our tree..it's nothing special...has no theme, but it is truly a scrapbook of memories from our lives...ornaments from my childhood....ornaments from Jeremy's childhood...first Christmas together, wedding bell ornaments, baby on the way ornaments, baby's first Christmas ornaments, princess ones, soccer ones, and more to add this year!I have ordered a runner ornament for Riggs! When you open the ornament box, the memories just flood into your heart...our tree tells a story...a story of love. 




The finished product was beautiful in our eyes...even though it has 900 lights on it that don't work!

No comments:

Post a Comment