It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Birthday

I can't believe it has been a year ago since I celebrated my birthday...it goes by in a blink. I think 33 was a great year...full of happy moments with my family and friends but a few moments stand out among the rest. One year ago I was one year younger and the kids were one year closer to being babies...Riggs was struggling with finding who he was and what he might be good at...Sarah Kate couldn't read...Lila didn't go pee pee on the potty...and Rollins was still recovering from Braden's seizure and beginning to learn that he could be around his best friend without waiting for another one...that Braden was just Sweet Braden. My how things have changed, but my devotion and love for these precious children never changes but grows stronger every day. I am deeply, deeply connected to and in love with my children.
Turning 33

Ironically one of the life changing events of my year involves another baby...another child other than my own. My world turned upside down when we almost lost Gianna...and she was hanging on with this baby in the world who needed to know her love and her laugh. I have never left my children before..really for anything. I don't take the annual girls trips and barely make it to supper club...my life revolves and revolves tightly around my children. But when this happened to Gianna and Bobby needed someone to hold him...someone to rock him...someone to spray his moma's perfume all around him and lay him on her dress... to whisper stories about her wonderful laugh and her kind heart in his tiny ears...I boarded a plane and did just that. Stopping the nonstop whirlwind of my life to go hold Bobby for a few days while my friend Gianna fought for her life showed me how fragile life is and I came home with a new appreciation for the little things and the life I have. I will forever remember this past year with Bobby and Gianna in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment