It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, May 7, 2012

Double Digits

Ten years ago....Jeremy and I headed to the hospital to check and see if I was in labor....I was bound and determined that I was not going to be one of the ones to show up and not be in labor. I started feeling funny about 1 am and by 9 am I was ready to be checked. We arrived to find I was 100% effaced and 6 cm dilated. Here we are realizing that we would be having a baby today..... 
 At 3:08 pm....at 8 pounds 1.7 ounces Taylor Riggs Hardy came into the world!



and I was forever changed......this was the moment I became a Moma.....
my heart hurt because I loved him so much.....
 Every perfect, delicate feature of this baby was adored.....
 He was mine.....and I was in love in a whole new way.....
 and I have fallen in love with him countless times over the past 10 years....
 a decade...of loving this baby.....this boy......the one who made me a Moma....
He is smart and serious......

ready and willing......


 focused.....
 and oh so fast.....


 He is kind and helpful and has a lovely heart that I am lucky enough to experience every day!
 He can melt my heart with just one look...and he has a way about him that just makes me long to make him happy....
 He is funny....and has the most beautiful laugh....

I can't believe he is 10.....he has grown so much...from this....
to this.....
the physical changes are almost too much to comprehend...but the way he has grown and become a confident, thoughtful, loving person are what really astound me.

He is beautiful inside and out.....


 I am so proud to call him mine....Happy 10th birthday, Riggs! Thank you for my first decade of mother hood! I became a better person the day you were born....

No comments:

Post a Comment