It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, May 12, 2012

thinking about mothers day.....

 I, Danielle Taylor Hardy, am a mother.....but Momma seems to fit me better at this stage in my life. It is a job I eat...sleep and breathe. You can see it in every aspect of my life. I opened my purse at the soccer game this morning and just looking inside....PTA fundraiser information, basketball camp brochures, a balloon weight from the Kindergarten Derby, a fossil Rollins found, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, a mini my little pony.....yes, this is the purse of a Momma. Messy, but prepared, I suppose. My purse seems to be a perfect symbol of me the more I thought about it...pink and bright...happy and fairly put together from the outside...but inside it's a mess....but a happy mess.  Starburst left over from an Easter egg anyone?
 Yes....I'll admit...from the moment I met Taylor Riggs Hardy...my world changed...and I saw the whole world in a new and different way...the moment I became a Momma....

It's a job of shaky balance every second of the day....yes, of course the balance of trying to get it all done...but the draining balance aspect is the balance of celebrating every small victory of my littles in just the right way...
Celebrating Rollins' front tooth coming out at the end of second grade with fierce joy...because he has waited so long....
 and celebrating SK's coming out at the close of Kindergarten with delicate but pure joy..... to be sensitive to Rollins and because her's are coming out earlier .....
 It's a job about being there...being present...because if you are not present you are missing out...

but I feel so blessed to be present......
present to kiss the sweet fingers smashed in the door....and making it all better with just my undivided attention and love.....
present to see the small, sweet gestures that happen...like putting sisters flip flop back on...
 present to experience the everyday victories...from the soccer field to the class room....

 Present to see and experience the love......
closeness......
joy
and quiet reflections my littles give me every day.
 and I have to admit that this mother's day...i feel a little uneasy....the ribbon around my heart seems to be starting to unravel a little with this one....my first born....


Its like I can feel him slipping..a little....but in a good way...

 he seems to be always leaving...to go do fun things with friends...and as happy as I am for him...I miss him....and the back yard games of horse I cherish even more......

 Being a mother is the most amazing adventure I have ever experienced...and I swear I am a better person because of it.....
 I pray a lot more...from the bottom of my heart ....for big things and little things...for my littles
 I try and watch what I say and do....in a whole new way...and try to be a really good person...and show my heart...so my littles will know how to know love and show love.....

And yes it is hard at times and certainly not glamourous ...I don't sit outside or take a bath.....or even go to the bath room with out Sarah Kate finding a book to read to me....her little high pitched voice is ever present...BUT she can almost read on a 3rd grade level....and I know many, many,  of her books by heart.....and I know I will miss that little voice when it drops an octave someday soon,,,,


 I have to be the bad guy sometimes...like taking two little girls to swim lessons they hate.....
 but they are learning to swim.....
and we have more unmatched socks than any family in America I am sure....but with the right movie on I can make magic matches happen! Some times I do schedule a hot date with a laundry basket of socks and a bag of popcorn!

 But in all the craziness that surrounds four littles with school, guitar, soccer, track, cross country, basketball, ballet, swim team and their countless social activities....I find contentment...and raw moments of happiness I would not trade for the world....
 I am loved......oh so very much.....on Mothers day and always by four children I am so proud to call mine.

and the special moments of mothers day I truly do cherish...like this one.... picking up from preschool and having this face come out.... and beam up at me and say.."Happy Mother's Day, Momma"! She was beyond proud of her flower pot for me!

and having special gifts from bffs  who are also living the minivan dream....
and having my mantle full of handmade gifts and cards from my littles....

It's just overwhelming the thought they put into their gifts...and how special they make me feel.

This Mothers Day I wish you happiness for your journey in..... or to motherhood...how ever it works best in your life, moments of joy and happiness, a purse more organized than mine, and as many matched socks as you can dream about! Find the joy....enjoy the journey!
Happy Mothers Day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment