It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Goodbye 4th grade


For some reason I am taking the end of this school year pretty hard when it comes to Riggs. He is a completely different boy at the close of this year compared to the beginning. He seems to grow more confident everyday and he really does seem to show a true little love spark for Miss Maria. He thinks she is beautiful...and smart...athletic....and funny...and she is...but now he notices. He asks to go over to her house some afternoons to play kick ball....and I am letting him go for short periods of time. It's just a whole new world for both of us...but he is still such a wonderful boy. He ended his school year with Market day. He and Colin made slime.....

and sponge balls.....

and they sold every last item they made!
and even bought a few things from other students...imagine me walking into the class room to find Riggs getting a foot scrub and rub...and enjoying every minute of it!
 and then they got to use they hard earned money to buy items at an auction...things like a 6 ft stuffed snake...a mustache kit and fake teeth....



 He watched the end of the year video I made with his class...and was so proud of me for making it...and that just makes it all worth it.....
I will never forget this moment....Mrs. Gaynor standing in front of the class talking about how kind Riggs and Colin were to help so many with their market day projects...and to ask the class and parents to give them some claps to applaud their kindness....that is a true moment to be proud of....

 He rolled his eyes at me...as I teared up taking this picture...as it sunk in that the end of 4th grade is the beginning  of 5th grade...my baby will be in the highest grade at Goshen....and in a blink will be in middle school...(sniff...sniff)
 As we walked down the hall to leave...it was "Riggs, sign my year book" ..."Later Diggs" as his friends call him.....so many waves, high fives, and smiles for him....he is a great kid...and I am so glad that others see how kind he is too.  You rocked 4th grade, Diggs! I am so very proud of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment