It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, May 7, 2012

oh sweet Riggs......l

We walked out of school ...Riggs offering to carry items from my overflowing arms...and my heart was swelling with that feeling of contented pride you get when your child does something nice without being told....that feeling of...he's such a good kid.... when he said....
"Mom, guess what I did today...I am dying to tell you...."

I'll hit the pause button here....

when these words are said by my littles it's these words that spring into my heart...this quote.....

 and usually this quote helps me to be excited about anything....like....being picked to be in the assembly.....being a team captain at recess....finishing an art project....getting two pieces of pizza at lunch and both of them being really cheesy...but today it was different.....

Today this little boy right here....in this moment....said to me...." Mom, I asked out Maria today"
My heart stopped......
 Maria...this precious child in the middle.....that I practically love like she is my own...that is how much I love her....seriously....my heart is full of love for this little girl.....
heart still still....my mind raced...oh my gosh...he likes girls...he asked her out...what does that mean to a 10 year old.....he was brave enough to approach a girl....of all the girls she is the I would have picked myself.....what in the hell....i may throw up here in the parking lot.....is he really telling me this...he really must trust me to share this with me....we have a good relationship...he is such a good boy...he is a little boy for goodness sake...a freaking baby....seriously is this happening???!!!!

the heart started again...and I patted his shoulder and smiled down at him and said"how exciting....what did she say?" and a beautiful conversation began about what this meant to him....

It was only a matter of time....I am just thankful that he shared this with me...not sure how long that will last but I will soak up every word while he is willing.....

I just love him so much and I pray I keep his trust and can always listen with an open heart about everything from cheese pizza to the girl who has custom Nike shoes that say beast mode on them....because his custom Nike shoes say beast...and well.....isn't that meant to be? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment