It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Coach Jeff

Today was our last session with Coach Jeff. When I told Riggs that this morning his little face dropped and he said...that makes me sad. Riggs really looks forward to his time with Jeff.
 They just seems to get each other.....and they both sure love to run.
 When the session was over today Jeff sat down and talked to Riggs a little bit more about his goals, best running strategies and Jeff spoke to Riggs from his heart....
 and my boy who loves to run...and has come to love Jeff...listened with his heart. He listened when Jeff told him..I've had a rough summer and working with you has really meant a lot to me...you have helped me as much as I've helped you.He listened when Jeff told him to shoot for the moon.  He listened when Jeff told him you are one of my runners now...even if you have on a Goshen uniform...I'll be cheering for you. I got a little teary listening to him talk and to see him encourage and lift up my son when I know he feels so low right now.  We feel just the same about you Coach Jeff....we are cheering for you.
 He presented Riggs with a really cool sticker and a gift card for all his hard work this summer. That really meant a lot to Riggs.
He also e mailed Riggs this:
Riggs,
It has been a complete pleasure & honor to be your summer coach. You have helped me just as much as I've helped you. You have truly inspired me with your dedication, will to improve, hard work & coachable attitude. You've impressed me. Through our sessions, I've noticed your form improve, your running intelligence, you get stronger & faster, and most important your confidence grow. I see great things in you as a runner and person. I can't wait to see the results of your hard work payoff once the season starts. Don't be afraid to strive to be the best. You've got what it takes. I see a champion in you. Keep in touch & let me know how the season goes. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to work with you. It's been awesome!
Jeff

 From the bottom of our hearts...thanks Coach Jeff...Riggs is honored to be one of your runners!
Wishing all the happiness you deserve, Jeff!

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, thank you so much! I was going through the Support Jeff Vincent site on Facebook and came across your post and so I "popped" over to see what you had to say, I sure hope you don't mind. I am so glad that your son was able to share some special time with Jeff. There is no perfect way to describe him other than love and life for the kids. I am one of the lucky mom's of an elementary cross country runner who absolutely loves Jeff! In our house we truly feel that Jeff was heaven sent to be just what a child needs - someone who gets them, loves them no matter, is there when they need him and above all us cares when sometimes it seems no one else cares. Your blog post has truly touched my heart! I wish Riggs an awesome cross country season (after all he did get to work with the best there is for a coach)!

    ReplyDelete