It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, August 13, 2011

taking my sunshine away.....first day of school

I got up at 4:30 am to get ready for WHAS to get here at 5:30. I really had not banked on having Lila join me for the preparations, but nonetheless she got up at 4:45...yhea (in a very sarcastic way). So she was awake to greet Kelsy when she arrived...and took right to the microphone! She really was a lot of "help"
The camera man and Kelsey woke up the boys live on TV..it was crazy and remorable! They were sweet...although not quite with it at 5:45 in the morning! The morning continued with the Hardy family live on TV. Kentuckiana watched as we ate breakfast and packed our backpacks!  I remember that Kelsey asked me why it was so tender..I told her that sending your kids off to school is like sending little pieces of your heart out into the world...and it is...and your not there to protect those pieces...so you have to have faith that they will be ok....
I got my Goshen Gators dressed...My 4th Grader who I call my Whole World

My second grader who I call my Everything

My Kindergator who I call....
my dream come true...my best friend...my sunshine...
They were ready to go....and I just wanted to cry...but the cameras rolling kept me distracted although I could feel it welling inside....the emptyness that was coming...

It really was nice to have the news here...Kelsey took family pictures for us....
The kids just loved her and they thought it was so cool to be on the news!
We joined the court kids for the annual first day of school court picture...I loved these littles! Every year is big...this one because it is Ashton's last year at Goshen...and Sarah Kate's first....
The court kids were happy to be on the news too!
Then it was time...Mr. Ricky was here....there was no turning back...
Before I could even blink they were across the street...did they have everything they needed....did I tell SK everything I had wanted to....I did tell them all I loved them so I guess that is enough...it would have to be...



Then they were gone.....headed off to Goshen....and new adventures...and new friends...the bus rolled on taking my sunshine away....
I gave one final interview and then the news crew packed up and headed out too....
My saving grace....my silver lining to the saddness and the emptyness I felt...was that I could go in and spend time with Lila but.....
Lila fell asleep ...exhausted from her early morning.....

and so did Jack.....
and silence fell on this house that had been so full of life and energy all summer....
 it was quiet with pajamas littered on the fireplace....
and the remains of breakfast to be cleaned up....
It was too much...or too little...and that is when the tears came....
It's strange...the quiet...the first few days of school. You are just not used to it...and the hustle and bustle of all the things to do at school and for school have not set in yet. When Lila woke up we made brownies
together and if she asked once...I bet she asked 100 times when are we going to go get K-Kate?
I enjoyed her so much...even the part where she painted herself with brownie mix!
We ran errands for things Mrs. P, Mrs. Gaynor, and Mrs. Davis needed and Lila had her 3 year check up. We stayed busy and before I knew it I was back on the front porch waiting for the bus
 I think I help my breath until the most beautiful sunshine yellow bus was in sight...amd my heart skipped a beat...
The doors opened and there was my girl....back to me...back with me....and she was smiling!
We were all back together...and I could not wait to hear all about their days!
We had fresh sweet tea and brownies...and the house was full of life again....everyone  had a great day!
Sarah Kate came home with this envelope....and as we worked the puzzel she told me all about her day.
I will treasure this little hand print forever...and the memory of sitting on the floor putting it together with Sarah Kate. I know she will make many more treasures this year..as will her brothers. I can't wait to see to see them all!
That's the thing about school days...they may take your sunshine away for a bit...but they always bring it back...and usually when something has been gone for a bit you appreciate it so much more...and the sunshine seems brighter and more beautiful than ever.

It was a good first day.......





No comments:

Post a Comment