It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Getting ready for XC

You can say a lot of things about Riggs Hardy but one thing that is for sure is he is dedicated. As Swimming ended I could see the itch to start cross country in him..to get back into it...to run again. We stared meeting my friend Jeff at E.P twice a week to run and work on his form...and as he started his running season he was one happy boy!
They have stretched and worked on strength and speed. Jeff has been amazing with him...not only does he know so much about the sport but he loves it like Riggs does...their passion is almost contagious! Jeff is also just wonderful with Riggs too...and Riggs just adores him.
When they finish a run the satisfied smiles and high fives they share are priceless. We are so lucky to have Jeff help Riggs get ready for his season.
It just feels good when you try hard..Riggs says....he inspires me...truly he does.
The one thing is that Jeff gives Riggs homework during the week...and since Riggs is 9 and I am not about to let him run by himself yet...well...you see where this is going. Riggs' homework becomes my homework. It could not be any hotter right now...and he runs so much faster than my body wants to go...but I do it for him...happily. My trick is I listen to my Ipod...to the Kei$ha song...Your Love is my Drug...and I can run for as long as we need to. The love I have for him is the drug that keeps me running with him...and somehow I do it. The heart muscle is pretty amazing, you know.
At Rollins' soccer there is a field where I can see him the whole time.... and he runs there while Rollins does his practice. I don't say Riggs you need to run..or take your shoes...he just brings them on his own and takes care of his running homework all on his own. His work ethic is really something else for a 9 yr old. I think he will be ready for Goshen XC practice for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment