It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, August 22, 2011

Hillcrest Triathalon 2011

This Saturday the boys participated in the Hillcrest Youth Triathalon! They are really into the whole thing right now with Jeremy's Iron man just a week away! They were so excited!

This is the third annual Hillcrest Youth Triathalon....and Riggs has done it all 3 years! My how he has grown! That first year were were not even sure he could finish the swim.....

It's so fun.... this event...we know everyone...and the kids are happy to talk and hang with friends!




It was fun for me too to be there with my friends! Jenna and I were rocking our Team Hardy and Team Timmering T-shirts!
 
Friends I had not seen in a while were there too...Like Jessica Ellison and Kelly Charmoli. I loved seeing the Charmolis. I follow their blog so I feel like I know them. The blog family is a funny thing...but a wonderful thing! I cheered for her kids like they were my own. I follow their life and they are in my heart. I am sure Jack and Ava wondered who the heck I was!
 It was fun from beginning to end! They kids  swam....


 Biked....

 and ran!


 They all crossed the finish line to waiting parents....cheers... and their name being announced as a Hillcrest Ironman!
 They felt happy....and accomplished.....

 and the love in the air was thick with pride.....as I watched my friends congratulate their littles
encourage their littles
 support their littles
 and take pictue after picture to help them remember how proud they felt.....
 This moment was the one that stands out though...when Jack Charmoli crossed that finish line his dad got to him as quick as he could...stroller and all...and he called him away from the commotion...
 I don't know what he told Jack in that moment ...but I can tell you that Greg was so proud of that little boy


...and by the look on Jack's face...he won't forget those words...whatever they were. It feels so good to be proud of your efforts...and for the ones you love most to look at you with that look of pride...and deep love...well that means the world. Those are the looks you carry in your heart forever....



 I know I was so proud of my boys...and they were so proud of each other! They inspire me in a big...big way.....
 Riggs came in 3rd place overall in his age group!
 I wish Jeremy could have been there...just seeing this finish line makes me nervous for his big undertaking next weekend. I pray that he has the will to be a true Ironman. He has worked so hard to be one.I know he will have the love and support he needs!
 At our celebration lunch at Arbys our cups said this.....
 It was just Perfect! It was such a great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment