It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lila's Backyard Birthday Bash!

The whopper water slide was delivered at 8:30 am...and Lila watched out the window. She was so excited for her "burfday potty"!
 Just as promised it was a whopper....and the suits went on and the littles went out....
 She was so happy to put on her new sparkly bathing suit she had picked out for her birthday!
 Her BFF was going camping for her party that night so the Schaffners came over that afternoon to be with Lila and have fun on the slide! They had a ball!
 Until Lexi took off her bottoms and pooped in the pool part of the water slide.....really?!
 What do you do? I hugged Lexi and then I spent two hours bailing the poop water out bucket by bucket and dumping it in the field. I put the slide down...bleached and sanitized the slide and the toys...and put it back up...cleaner than ever! I was in denial the whole time that it even happened!
 Bumpa and Grandpa stopped by to bring lunch and presents since they had Homearama that night and could not come to her party either.
 Colin stopped by after soccer camp to join in on the fun too...

 That night we got ready for the actual party.....
 Lila Ray so so cute in her party suit!
It makes my heart happy to have my back yard filled with friends and fun!
 The littles loved the slide...and went up and down it 1000 times! They all played  in the backyard and they were all happy. I just loved it...happy, summer, laughter, fun....it was an amazing night!




 After play time we started eating...first with pizza!
 Baby Jackson tried to swipe a piece! Swiper no swiping!


Then we moved on to snow cones!






 Followed by a watermelon eating contest!

 The littles loved this...it was so fun..and they were a sticky, summer mess with watermelon juice dripping from chins and elbows!




 Ben was our watermelon eating champ tonight and the proud winner of an itunes gift card!
 Cupcakes were next! I was so proud of myself...I had big plans with cupcakes and these fancy photo toppers I was going to make but Lila had another vision for her birthday. How about flip flop cupcakes, ocean creature cupcakes, and Tweety bird cupcakes....no theme...they didn't match....but they made her happy! So why not!

 We opened presents....
 She loved all her presents but that night the favorites were a pink chair from Aunt Heather and Uncle Jeff and a Barbie from the Christs!

 We ended the party with a wish lantern. Lila loves them in the movie Tangled so we ordered some. There were no directions and we were a little unsure if it would work...in fact, the first one did not.
 The second one, however, did work....
 It was beautiful....even magical...as it lifted up into the night sky!
I watched as Lila kept a careful eye on it as it rose above us.....
 and then she turned around so excited and cheered! It was priceless...so precious! I'll never forget that moment...never.
 I hope everyone made a wish on the wish lantern...I know I sure did!
 It was a fun day for my Lila Ray!
 We sent everyone home with Graeters gift cards and told everyone thank you for sharing this amazing day with us! Back inside it was just me and Lila Ray as the bigs headed off to impromptu sleep overs. I loved having her all to myself...



 After a bath where she enjoyed her new tea set from Kaylee and her new Ariel doll from Sophie...she put on her new Dora Gown from Mamaw and fell fast asleep. She takes my breath away...
Sweet dreams, Lila Ray! I love you with all my heart! You really are amazing....just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment