It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cross Country Time Trials




Tonight Riggs did the first cross country time trials...it was 100 degrees and he was nervous and tired from a few days of school under his belt. It was alot of pressure for him...Jeremy and I felt it...we were both nervous as well. Of the 50 or so kids only 7 get to partcipate in the first meet to count for the team...Riggs wanted to be one of the seven so bad...he is new to cross country...he is only in third grade...but what we did know is that he is a natural runner. The boys started the race and Jeremy was able to go with the group as a parent runner...on the first pass by Jeremy quiety said as he passed that Riggs was tired and he didn't have it today..my heart broke...I knew he would be so dissapointed but I also knew he wanted it...so I watched and waited. Bumpa and Grandpa came to watch as well. Riggs finished this race which was a little under 2 miles in 10:44 and was the fourth boy to come in...not bad for a tired little boy who is trying to figure out a new sport in the heat of all heats! We were all so proud! He really is good at running and I can't wait to see him get better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment