It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An unexpected suprise....and then another one

I was kind of having a day...you know, a day that you just don't feel good about your self....I call these my "bottom of the totem pole" days...because after you take care of five others...the time and energy to take care of me is little...becasue I am number six...at the bottom of my totem pole. But things happen for a reason and when you least expect it God's grace will give you a little wink...and when that happens it just feels so good!

The Direct Tv guy came today to work on a problem we were having...and the Direct TV guy was a daddy we had met on Rollins' baseball team this summer who little boy suffered brain damage while riding his bike at the beginning of the season....this father was forever changed by this event...their family is forever changed. They have four children and one may never walk again...as he yawned in my kitchen talking about hope and waking up every four hours to give TJ his medicine he also told me his wife was almost ready to deliver their fifth child....and my heart just wanted to help them...wanted to squeeze them in on my totem pole...and I know when that baby comes I will help, but suddenly my totem pole didn't seem so bad...even being at the bottom of it.











And then there was a knock at the door...and it was a box of flowers from the lady whose father I had helped when he was lost in our neighborhood with the kindest note.
























And so maybe it was 2:00 and I was still in my pajamas...unshowered....and knee deep in laundry with a two year old clinging to my hip...but I got a wink and I felt beautiful...at least on the inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment