It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, August 21, 2010

A heartbreaking triathalon for Rigsy.....

Riggs was so excited this morning when he got up...he was so hopeful for the day and for an improvement from his time from last year now that he is a better swimmer and a better runner. He started his bike with a fierce intensity in his eyes and a smile on his face ......so ready for great things to happen!

During the bike they made him come in too early and he had to go back out for another lap...his chain broke twice and he had to wait for someone to help him put it back on each time...he knew his time would be bad with all these set backs and came in from the bike so mad and so frustrated and the tears of "no matter how hard I run I can never make up all the time I have lost but I have to finish this anyway" started to fall....it was so upsetting to watch him pass me and I cheered for him but we knew they were wasted cheers at the moment.



He finished the race and the heartbreak sat in....he sobbed and it was so painful to watch him as he cried.......




It was touching to watch Rollins as he watched and tried to hold back tears of his own as his brother's fell


We went to the truck and Riggs composed himself and all I could do was watch...he needed space for a minute. That is hard to do as a moma becasue all I wanted to do was to wrap him up in my arms and kiss his tear streaked face...but in time he looked up....and in a little more time he smiled...and life goes on and the day got better as the sun came out.



No comments:

Post a Comment