It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Afternoon with Mr. Jack Kulp


I was on the way home from Dicks today...I had to run over there to get Rollins some things for his triathalon..and I wanted him to practice after school so I wanted everything he needed at the house and ready to go. I was in a bit of a hurry trying to make it home to meet the bus. I pulled into the neighborhood and soon noticed an elderly man who seemed lost. I was drawn to him...pulled to him. I pulled over and rolled down the window and asked him if he was lost. He told me he was looking for a friends house and had become lost. We talked for a minute and he said he just needed a minute to figure it out and walked away....I started to pull away too...but my heart was heavy...and so I pulled back over and watched him wonder back down the street in my side view mirror. The bus would be at my house in five minutes but I just could not leave him. I ran down the hill and gently grabbed his hand and introduced my self...he told me he was Jack W. Kulp...and he knew his wife was looking for him. I told him we would find her together so I added Jack to the truck with the girls and off we went home to meet the bus! I searched for kulps in the phone book with no luck so I got him settled and a drink and called the police to help me get this precious man back to his life. An hour later we still waited for the police to come and I talked to him to keep him calm...he told me finally he had a daughted named Carol...so I tried again with that name in the white pages and found a Dr. Carol Kulp listed. I called and sure enough the receptionist at her office said they had been looking for her dad for hours. I was able to to talk to her and make arrangements for her to come and get him. I had spend two hours with him but the minute I laid eyes on him I felt a love for him. He was so precious and so trapped in confusion. His daughter was so thankful I had stopped and taken care of him...she called me an angel...she hugged me tightly. It made me feel good to know that in my hectic life...juggling the 6 of us that I can still have those gut feelings...that feeling to stop and pull over...that feeling to not leave him and to take him with me...to love him for two hours while I found his family. He sat and rocked in the rocker on the front porch and I will never look at the rocker agin without thinking of my friend..Mr. Jack Kulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment