It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Half Day Hoorah!

Today was a special day...and you knew it was special from the moment my sleepy boys rolled out of bed...they were quicker to wake up...ready faster...and excited! Today was the first early realease day of the school year...two hours less school, but so much more fun....no matter what you do with these two extra hours it is fun because they are a gift! Today the boys invited friends over for an all boy playdate!

It was fun from the moment I pulled up to pick them up!



I had homemade snacks which they devoured in seconds to my delight! Riggs looked at me with such love when he walked in the kitchen to see I had made homemade Halloween cookies...and Rollins was so happy I had made his chocolate chip cookies!


They played baseball and laughter filled the back yard as they ran and chased each other...old boys...new boys....fast boys...slow boys...but happy boys! Funny how a baseball and a bat can bring a group of boys together in just a few minutes!



Later I took them down to the creek...and I have never seen such content boys! Happily exploring the creek....on an adventure with buddies...they reminded me of the Sandlot kids.


It was a fun afternnon! So heartwarming to see my boys with their best friends that they have had for years..... and with new friends that have somehow offered them something special in just a few weeks of class with them. My Grandma Taylor had a plate that hung above her stove and I couldn't help but think of her and that plate as I watched these boys...the plate said a saying I am sure you have heard..."make new friends but keep the old, one is siver and the other is gold"

No comments:

Post a Comment