It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, January 2, 2012

my 2011...yhea...I sucked


Well last year my resolution was to break away....from negative people....break away to take care of my self by taking time to eat right and exercise...breaking away to spend more time with people I love and specifically Jeremy and I were going to try and have 6 date nights....I had big plans to Break Away for sure! So how did I do? 
This post is a hard one...because on many things I tanked...I just did. I started out the year right with eating right and drinking the water and running....see how happy I was after I ran....
But then as usually I let life take over....and the chaos of taking care of 6 people and one dog settled back in....I didn't make time to exercise.....I ate like crap.....and I put myself back on the lowest rung of the ladder....and put everyone else first.  It's just so hard to find time to spend one one one time with my children and my husband and my friends..let alone to spend one on one time with myself.And I know.....I know...if I have heard it once...I have heard it a thousand times...you have to put yourself first and take care of you so that you can take care of everyone else. But if I am really honest...that is just not in my nature...I like...no...I love...taking care of everyone else....and I will probably always put others before me...that's just me....but I do need to do a better job and find a better balance. I am currently not exercising, not drinking water, getting very little sleep and still not getting it all done, and I eat quick bites here and there as I move from point a to point b...there I said it.....I failed miserably at breaking away in 2011 to take care of myself. But if I put it out there I hope I will be more accountable...Lila took this picture of me before the Christmas cookie exchange....it was just a "can I take a picture, Moma" moment but when  I saw it ....it literally made me cry....it's disgusting.....I look terrible...sunken in cheeks...shoulder and chest bones hanging out...I have got to do better and that is really all I can do...is try to harder so wish me luck on that...it's not going to be easy...the flurry of Christmas is over but January is full of school, multiple basketball leagues, swim clinics, guitar lessons, girls scouts, ballet, soccer and track just to name a few.....we are hitting the ground running....
but like everything I want to remember it all...the good and the bad....because you learn from it all!
and time to break away for time with Jeremy....our 6 date nights.....well I think we had 2 nights out all year with just the two of us....but we did have Iron man....and we did have.......well I could fill up a page with excuses but I won't...we failed but know we need to do better. We are starting the year off with the book the Love Dare....we are reading it and doing it together...and we are so excited to see what it brings to our marriage...I'll let you know!


one of our 2 date nights of the year!
But the other breaking away part....the one about breaking away from negative people who suck the happiness out of me....for the most part I rocked that one! and it felt and feels so good! It is liberating to say no more.....and to say no....to social obligations that only weigh sadness and stress on my heart....to genuinely look forward to the few social events on my calendar....to spend time loving people who love me back! I have opened myself and my heart and made so many new friends this year and I am really looking forward to making even more friendships this year and growing all the ones I have, I love my friends...truly I do and I am so blessed to have you all in my life.

So there you have it...how I did in 2011...not great all the way around...but I learned a lot and no matter what my heart is full of love! I wish you all the best in 2012...


No comments:

Post a Comment