It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ear surgery

The night before Sarah Kate's ear surgery Rollins slept with her for moral support....oh to have his heart....it is tender and precious and I am so lucky to have him in my life...and so is Sarah Kate.
We got up early and headed to the surgery center...she was ready and excited for her bubble gum flavored mask to put her to sleep!

Soon she was sloppy happy and pretty darn sleepy....and ready to go back...
I held her little hand and said a prayer before they took her away...it was just a tube removal and a paper patch for her ear but still.....it was hard to have her wheeled away.....she's my girl....my dream come true.... she's mine ......
The procedure was a success and as we headed home I held her close....she was so weepy coming out of anesthesia...."I want you, Moma...I just want you" she said over and over.....it means a lot to be her chosen one...the one she wanted in that moment....and I was so lucky to be right there with her....I am so blessed to be her Moma.
We picked up Lila from Bumpa's and Lila held Sarah Kate's hand the whole way home....that sister love is something else...
Back at home we rested.....and recovered and she went back to school the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment