It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, January 13, 2012

St.Mathews Basketball League

He moves so fast...see how his face is in focus and his long limbs are blurred with his hurried hustle...he moves fast and he tries hard.
But the difference this season is that he has more confidence to go along with this speed....he takes shots and he makes them.....like this one.....

and this one......

but he knows this season...really gets...... that he will miss 100% of the shots he never takes....and that is such a great lesson to know.
So when the score is tied and the other team..... who does not know your child and what he has come from...is yelling to stay one" him"...because on this day he is the leading scorer with six points....your heart swells with pride because you have waited a long time to hear other parents yelling that about your kid....because your kid is out on the floor playing and trying hard......sometimes I still see him as that kid in the corner of the gym crying as the others play.....

This game they lost...and Riggs is certainly not the best player on the team.....but he hustled hard....and took shots....and made shots....and that is a win in my book for sure......


He continues to amaze me as his confidence grows with every passing day. I am really enjoying the journey, as my sister in law would say, with this wonderful boy that I love with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment