It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Being brave now that we are three....

We all have fears...we just do. There are things we are all scared of...things that make us feel out of control. It's funny how your fears change and grow as you do. Looking back on the things that made my heart beat fast when I was little...like my dark room..now seem so silly when I think of the things I worry about now.. like something happening to my babies...or me and I wouldn't be here for them. These are the things that make my heart beat fast now...but for Lila it is the car wash. When you mention it she cries and gets hysterical...but now that she is 3 we thought we could try it again....face our fears...be brave.So today we pulled into Bow Tie car wash....she immediately unbuckled and got up in my lap...totally aware of where we were....
 We talked about what was going to happen...step by step....but still as the water started to spray and the mops started to flap against the car she clung to me....
 Look at how terrified she is...God love her.....
 we just kept talking and soon she looked around a little bit...and sat up a little bit....
 The bubbles came....
 and so did the smiles...our silly truck was getting a bath!
And now we are free of fear of the car wash....Yhea Lila! Who knew 3 would make you so brave?!

No comments:

Post a Comment