It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, July 8, 2011

my season

Sometimes I don't get to do things...because I am a wife and mother of four. I have 6 people to clean up after, do laundry for, keep healthy, cook for, be support emotionally...and the list goes on and on.  And when I am faced with this reality..I always say this is my season...my season of being a mother of four children...that I know I will long to have back when it slips by me. Even when I try to do things...to slip away...it's hard...harder than just staiyng put....and today was a perfect example. I wanted to sneak away to run for 30 minutes...Jeremy was here which is rare with his Iron man training...so I asked him if that was ok...he of course said yes....but it's not that easy...not for me. Lila wanted to go too...to run like she does with daddy to the park and back and then he goes on his merry way for the rest of his run. I got her ready and as we came down the steps Riggs and Rollins decided to go too...so I got them ready. We were heading out the front door when Sarah Kate decided she wanted to go too...so I got her ready. Now 30 minutes later...myself and 4 kids in running attire and tennis shoes....we headed out the door...finally! I headed down the street with four kids and Jeremy was at home...alone.....

 We ran to the end of the street and back to drop off Lila and Sk back at home...
 Sk was done....
 But Lila cried for more......so she and the boys and I headed back out for a little more...



 Then we took Lila back to Jeremy and Sarah Kate and the boys and I continued on....
finally I could run a little bit...so off we went...

We got about a 1/2 mile down the road...and Rollins started crying because he had a cramp....I encouraged him to try to run through it like we do in cross country...but he just couldn't...so we walked a mile back to the house to drop him off to Jeremy, Sarah Kate and Lila...only when we got there Jeremy was gone...he had gone to get smoothies. So I waited another 30 minutes for him to get home. 2 hours after I had asked to go on a quick run...for 30 minutes of time...I left for my run. The minute my feet hit the pavement...I knew I was spent...this was not the run I had planned. Two miles later...I arrived back home. That was all I had in me today. I stepped back in the door to what are we having for dinner....can we have a sleepover....and, my favorite from Sarah Kate...why were you gone so long? Like I said...this is my season....my season of having 4 littles....and honestly, although it is hard...emotionally draining....and never ending... I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment