It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fair Time


I guess it's the country girl in me...but I love the fair! Not necessarily the vastness of a state fair, but a little county fair. I have such fond memories of the Trimble County fair from my childhood. It was a week of fun and friends and I went every night...so every summer..I pack up the littles and we go to the Oldham County Fair...and they love it! It's just a part of our summer...and the Timmerings are always there with us!

The rides are old...but there is something to share with the littles everywhere..this ride had a Woody Wood Pecker on it. I loved telling them about who Woody was and how I used to watch him on TV when I was little with my best friend, Laura.  When you tell your children little facts like that is makes a bridge...a generational bridge that was not there before...linking them to you in a new way. Just like this fair....I tell them about my child hood fair....we experience this fair together...and in the end we see that a fair is a ball of summer fun!
Everyone started with the dragon coaster.....it looks tiny but it jerks like nobody's business!
Lila opted for a small spinning ride instead....
Until she realized that she had missed out on the dragon coaster...and she was determined to do it too!
She had a love hate relationship with that dragon!
For Sarah Kate is was love only...as she giggled at every jerk and turn!
I will admit that the fair is a little random...there are workers in t shirts that say Carne on them as they embrace their jobs for one thing...and some of the ride restrictions are crazy! Rollins was too little to ride the scrambler..even with an adult...(he just rode the vortex at Kings Island!)...so I took him to this ride called the hurricane...just me and him!  Since Braden and Riggs got to ride the scrambler...I thought it would help the tear studded eyes to ride ride something else...first. So off we went to the hurricane!
Here we are on the hurricane before it started...there were no pictures taken on the hurricane during the ride...we were slammed against metal for the duration of the 15 minute ride..unable to move an inch...it was something else!
We all did the Ferris wheel...many times!


But the favorite...as always...was the Superman ride! Forward and backwards...fast and spinning..with lights that flash and rap music...it is the perfect fair ride!

Right away the girls saw their were pink, inflatable dolphins to win....and the boys were right on that! There were three little girls wanting dophins and three brothers who love to play games so it all worked out. The boys were so cute running with the dolphins to the girls...so proud and happy to deliver the prize!I'm telling you...only at the fair!


Don't forget the fair food....it is the best!!! Funnel cakes, corn dogs, cotton candy...and my favorite the lemon shake up!
Nothing like it's sugary sweetness on a hot summer night.....
Snow cones too...in every color...in bowls shaped like flowers...
Rollins got a blue one!
It's just a swirl of fun...the breeze of the rides feel so good....and the smiles melt your heart....




Check it off the summer list...we did the fair and had a ball!!

No comments:

Post a Comment