It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

giving it all....

He tries so hard....no matter what it is...he gives it all he has.....

Tonight he had his sights set on qualifying in butterfly and freestyle for the city meet. He has been working so hard...and he really wanted it.  He was focused...and to me..breathtaking....

 Freestyle was first...he needed a time of 22.46
 He tried so hard...and got out with hope..and asked Did I do it?! and the answer was no...his time was 22.57...he missed it by the blink of an eye....and he fought tears but had a hard time holding them back...
Backstroke was not on the radar for qualifications..it is his weakest event....
 
  but he gave it his all anyway...shaved 6 seconds off his last time....and missed qualifying by 1 second.....another heart breaker....
 It was time for butterfly...the hardest stoke,but the one he wanted the most....I was happy when his cross country coach gave him a little encouragement as he took his place....those things go a long way...
 The buzzer went off...and his start was the best one I have ever seen him do....I literally prayed every time I saw his arms emerge from the water....
 Jeremy was the timer for Riggs' lane...and we were both cheering him on with all we had...this was it...he would be crushed if he didn't get his one...especially after the first two heartbreaking events...
 He flew...took 2 seconds off his time...won the heat...and got out and said Did I do it?!
 and with tears in my eyes...I was happy to say...Yes, you did! oh I love this boy!
 Rolls had a good night too...especially swimming with swimmers ear....
 He had a great back stroke tonight....
 and tried the breaststroke for the first time ever...he was disqualified...was cute as a button!
 Colin and Riggs were precious...talking, laughing, cheering, encouraging....they are both so new to swim team...they both still take it all in..
 At the end of the night...Riggs was asleep before his head hit the pillow on the couch...he had nothing left to give...he had given it all... :) It was an emotional swim meet...but the best one yet! He is qualified in breast and butterfly...and one more meet to try for the others...

No comments:

Post a Comment