It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, July 18, 2011

Jeremy's worst nightmare....

Amidst Jeremy's job and Ironman training he also found himself on the search for a new car. Getting a new car is a BIG deal for Jeremy...because he loves him some cars in a fierce way!  He really wanted to get an M3 BMW....but it had to be just the right one. On our budget it can't obviously be new...and then there was a whole list of other specific items that had to be just right...all the way down to unique BMW paint colors that would be acceptable. The search was long, but he was focused and finally found "the one" in Corpus Christy, Texas....very, very far away. He researched shipping companies and for day and days worked on how to get it here ...safely..in perfect condition...and in such a manner that no one would drive it but him until it reached our door step. Once that was taken care of, like a mother preparing for a new baby....he started to nest! He had a trim carpenter come and build a special box in the garage for all the kids' loose toys and ball so they had a specific place...and would not be a cluttered mess around "the M".  He wanted the garage perfect before the arrival of this car so after church he started to organize and somehow I got roped into helping. We had a lot of work to do!
It was hot and I didn't really want to be doing this...I had so many other things on my list.... but as I was cleaning up the table I saw his paper from where he was drawing with SK.  He has been so focused on this car...and it means so much to him...kind of like a dream come true....so I opened my heart and got on board fully. The music was on...things were being organized and I was actually spending time with my husband...life was good!
Then the phone rang...and Jeremy answered it.....
He spent the next five hours walking around the house on the phone..tryng to figurine out what happened. In short..the guys who drive the delivery truck picked up Jeremy's car but instead of delivering it they parked the truck at a hotel...got Jeremy's car off and had been driving around Corpus Christy for 2 days. They smoked in it...ate in it...spilled coffee in it...scratched it up a bit...and got pulled over by a cop and it was sitting on the side of the road, running, in Texas. Upset doesn't even begin to describe Jeremy.....
I cleaned the garage by myself....it was a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment