It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Church on Christmas Eve

Jeremy had missed all the days leading up to Christmas eve....he was working so much. Christmas eve morning he also was gone and even missed doughnuts at Mamaw's. So I will admit my heart was very heavy when the littles and I got ready to go to Church on Christmas Eve..... without him.  We were missing a piece of our family....but we got ready and headed to church....

 the littles left cookies for Jingle Jack and Jolly before we left.....see the crumbs on the wreath...
 The boys went to their rooms for their own youth service but today the girls wanted to stay with me...and I didn't push the issue ....truthfully I wanted them...I wanted to sit in church with my family and not alone. I told them they had to be good....and quiet...and they were perfect....Lila was so sweet sitting their with her little hands folded on her silver sparkle tutu.....

 Sarah Kate got a pen and got busy making something...but she was quiet so I let her write away....she would only stop to sing the songs. This really touched me....she can read now so she was able to sing along by reading the words on the screen...it was so very precious. At one point they turned off all the light and the big screen was just blowing snow falling falling.....lanterns hung from the ceiling.....and we all sang silent night....Sarah Kate's sweet voice beside me moved me to tears....and somewhere in the midst of it all Jeremy slipped into the pew beside us...still in his scrubs...but he was there....he was present....
when the service was over....SK handed me her paper....she had made a birthday card to Jesus...it reads: 12-24-11. Christmas Eve. December. Happy Birthday Jesus. I love Jesus.

I am so happy my littles know the true meaning of Christmas.
 We stopped by Hometown Pizza on the way home for cheese sticks! Why not...it's Christmas Eve and we were all finally together!

No comments:

Post a Comment