It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A new Christmas eve tradition

I put up and take down Mamaw's Christmas decorations every year. She has stocking for the grandkids and she always puts little goodies in them....but they never seen to get presented to the kids. When I take down the decorations I am always putting the stocking stuffers from her in a baggie. I just thought maybe we could make an effort to let her give these stockings to the kids...so she could give them. So I went and got Krispy Kremes and invited everyone to meet over at Mamaw's for coffee and doughnuts with Mamaw on Christmas Eve morning.  Right away the kids were ready for their stockings!
 and Right away I realized this was the best idea I may have ever had....Mamaw was positively thrilled to pass out her stockings....seriously, this lovely lady was beaming.....and my heart felt like it might pop right out of my chest.....

 As they opened their stockings and sorted through the trinkets she said......now this is what makes Christmas fun!
 She was so happy.....she is just the most wonderful person I have ever known!
 The littles filed into her arms for hugs and to say thank you....and she loved every minute of it!



 Then we tore into the doughnuts!
 It was a Krispy Kreme Christmas!


 Since it was warm the littles headed outside for a Christmas game of football! Oh what fun!
 well....all the littles but k-kate....she was happy to stay inside and read a Christmas book to Bumpa....
 We ended the morning by playing pass the present.....and then we were off to get ready for Christmas eve! It was the best Christmas eve morning and a new tradition for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment