It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, December 15, 2011

ornament exchange 2011

It's become an annual event for sure....I think this is year 3.....or 4...I can't remember but I know I will host an ornament exchange for my friends for as long as I can.....I just love it that much! 

In the hustle and bustle and flurry of the holidays it is a few hours with my girl friends....just a chance to be together...laugh...talk and share holiday cheer!


It is a chance for me to say to them......you matter to me....I carry you in my heart every day.....I am thankful for you....and I love you very much.....because truly I do.......
and then the fun begins as the ornaments are gathered under the girlfriend tree....
It is fun as one at a time my friends pick and choose....open and steal ornaments.....see that haze over this picture......that soft blur....that is love, my friends....I love these women.....
It is always a time to get closer to new friends.....
and this year it was a time to say goodbye to other dear friends...Susan moves to Dallas in just a few  days...and I am really going to miss her....
Friends truly are a gift......
This is my ornament from this year.....
I love it!
I put on the invitation no hostess gifts but Jenna brought one anyway...and I absolutely love it.....because I absolutely love her! It is a kitchen towel......
At the end of the night....my kitchen was empty......
and quiet except for the hum of the chocolate fountain.....
but my heart was full....and I looked up to see my mantle from the sink....Christmas...it's the most wonderful time of the year...and the word..... LOVE.

Christmas truly is so wonderful and so full of love! I am blessed beyond worlds to have these amazing women in my life! They are all unique...and so very different....but their hearts are genuine....and true..and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment