It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, December 8, 2011

My last little elf....

There is something comforting about traditions.....and there is something special about the traditions at Watkins preschool. The three year old Christmas program is one tradition I treasure with all my heart. I have watched each one of my little do this program...and I was in love with it from the moment I first experienced it with Riggs......he cried when I dropped him off and clung to my leg as I left him but when he got on stage he did it with pride and happiness!

Then there was sweet Rollins...who led the jingle bell parade and sang every song with love and joy!
And then there was precious Sarah Kate who knew every word and the order of the songs and sang happily!
So it with with joy that I got Lila Ray ready for her Christmas program this morning...but it was also very bittersweet....this was my last little elf.....and I will admit that I was emotional about it. I got her ready and took this before we headed out the door...
Then she said..."Did you get my boots, Moma?"....so I took this one......and got the boots!
The lovely, Mrs. Gail Shaw opened the program....love radiates from this woman.....
And then in came the elves....jingling their bells and singling Jingle Bells....Lila was all smiles but she nervously played with her hair...

As she passed by me I saw her eyes start to water and her little hand rub her eyes....
She is going to loose it.....I whispered to Jeremy
I got out of my seat and went and sat in the aisle right in front of her so she could see me....
Slowly she pulled it together....but never once smiled.....

Mrs. Hays was so proud of them!

Finally the program was over and the children were asked to sit and wait to be dismissed one class at a time.....I just kept sitting there too...so in awe of the beauty of this little girl...in that quiet moment sitting one the floor of the church I thanked God for this baby girl....
She truly is a wish come true.....
and a light in my life.....
She was deep in thought....so oblivious to the commotion of the children around her...
and then that's when her tears started up again....
Mrs. Hays gave me the nod and I went and picked her up from the stage....."Why are you crying, LIla"....."cause I want you, Moma"......I kissed her warm vanilla sugar cheeks....am I lucky or what?
Riggs....who loves Lila Ray so very much...begged to come to the program so I pick him up and brought him to watch. He presented his teary baby sister with flowers after her performance.
We heeded off to the gym for Christmas punch and cookies...another part of the tradition!


It took her a while to get back into the swing of things....

Giving Ms. Mary the Christmas tree we had picked out for her did the trick! She ran and jumped into Ms. Mary's arms!
I am so thankful for Ms. Mary and the gift that all my elves gave to me at this Christmas program! I am so lucky to have  experienced it four times!
We headed home happy....and me knowing this would be a memory I would cherish.


I am so very blessed to have this day be a part of my life. I love you, LIla Ray....my last little elf!

No comments:

Post a Comment