It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking back on 2010

Oh it has been quite a year! Some lovely things have happened...some changes have happened...but all in all it has been a good year!

In January I finally realized that Lila was going to be ok...after harnesses, braces, physical therapy and visits to so many doctors...she finally seemed to be standing on her own two feet...and I settled into the reality that Lila is Lila and no matter what she is going to do everything in her own way...on her own time, but that is was ok...really ok...and this was a really good feeling.

February brought a big snow...and it is the last time I can remember the court, joyfully together.  The snow fell and we all met outside to play...no drama..no grudges...just fun. This is a bittersweet memory as things have changed so much...and this makes me sad to my core.


In March Riggs and I did a 3K together...just a little race but quite an accomplishment for us at the time. It was so fun to share that with him...and I was so proud of us! He went on to do bigger and better things!
In April we took Riggs, Rollins and Sarah Kate to Chicago...their first trip to a big city...and I took Sarah Kate to the American girl store where she picked out Elizabeth...and I will remember the moment Elizabeth was out of the box and in Sk's arms forever! Jeremy and I also went to our first Oaks!


On May 20th...Jeremy and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary! I can't believe it has been a decade!

In June we beached it with the Timmerings....and it was the most fun I have ever had!

 

In July Jeremy completed...and almost died doing a half Iron Man...oh my goodness..it was awful...but he is now training hot and heavy to do the real deal...Hopefully he will be an Ironman in 2011!

Hot August saw Riggs' first Cross Country time trial...and we saw his potential but more than that how much he loved it!  We also recognized that our Sarah Kate has a love of learning...and reading and words...and started her in her reading classes with Miss Ann.

 In September Rollins joined Jonathan's soccer team...playing with 10 year olds at 6...and although we know he is athletic and a real go getter...we had no idea he would be a leading scorer on the team! This run....this prideful, happy run after a goal is an image I will carry in my heart always!
 In October we found for the first time ever there were enough leaves to play in in the back yard...Rollins played and excelled at flag football...we had an amazing Halloween and Riggs found out he had made the State team for Cross Country!



In November we realized how wonderful it is for mom to be closer to us and for her to have a bigger space!
In December we went to Orlando for Riggs to compete nationally in a cross country meet and he got to be on the podium.....we had a wonderful Christmas where Lila's reaction to every gift was just precious ...and we added Jack to the family!



2010 was good to us...and I hope and pray 2011 will bring us just as much joy and happiness...and peace with anything that remains unsettled in our hearts.We are so blessed.....so so blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment