It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Now I get it...

People...many , many people made the comment to Jeremy and to me that we were such good parents for getting the kids a dog. I thought that was such a strong things to say...and seemed almost odd to me that people would say that....and that that comment was said over and over again. Good parents my you know what, I thought...we are crazy parents...adding another living thing to take care of to our already hectic and busy lives. And I thought this to myself standing outside in the cold snow while Jack smelled around for just the right place to pee...Pee Already!  And I thought thought this to myself as he figured out if he got on the stool in the bathroom he could jump in the bath with the kids....Oh Jack!  I could give you a million examples...but none of the eye rolls, or deep sighs I have given over Jack come close to the love he gives and receives everyday in our family. All the children love him.....every last Hardy kid.....and he loves them too.   As I sat drinking my coffee this morning...instead of TV this is what I watched......Sweet Lila loving all over her puppy...and sweet Jack just let her love all over him and he even fell asleep surrounded my the love of my 2 year old. Happy baby...happy puppy...and now I get it. Getting Jack was a leap of faith....and I am so glad we took the leap!



No comments:

Post a Comment