It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Welcome Home Jack!

Jeremy and I left basketball academy feeling very guilty since we were missing Riggs' basketball game...and we couldn't tell him why...but we climbed in the truck and headed to Lexington to go pick up the newest member of our family....Jack!  Jeremy and I had been waiting and planning for this day for so long and now it was finally here!As we pulled into Cracker Barrel...the meeting place...I had butterflies!

We saw the truck were were looking for and got out to meet and greet the sweet family who we bought our puppy from. After a brief hello and a hug...she raised the back of the truck open and there he was....our Jack! And he came right to me!He was so precious and it truly was love at first sight! We got him in our truck and headed home to present him to the kids!
As we pulled away he started to cry...and he kept whimpering...I felt so bad for him. I got in the back with him..and let him find a comfy spot and rubbed and loved him....and soon he was fast asleep and he slept most of the trip home. I replaced his pink/purple ribbon that had identified which puppy he was with his new Kentucky blue collar with his name on it that Jenna had bought for him...and he was ours!


When we got home I came in the house and greeted my littles and suggested they do advent...and they we up for that...worse case scenario they walk away with a piece of chocolate.  I handed Rollins the box and he was ecstatic to see their was a prize ribbon under the chocolate kisses!
I called Jeremy from my phone and in he came with Jack! The kids could not believe their eyes!!! Riggs was so surprised he jumped in in Bumpa's arms with happiness!  They all gathered around him...and I am pretty sure he was as happy to see them and as they were to see him!


We then took him in the living room for real introductions and to just love all over him!!! Jeremy and I just smiled...we had pulled off an amazing Christmas surprise that the kids would remember forever!






Lila finally had her Dog-Dog named Jack...and he truly loves her...really and truly he does!!! Just like I imagined it in my head and dreamed it would be!




He is adorable....

 And precious.....
 And happily loves and accepts the love from the littles...we are forever changed...in a good way! The kids said it was the best advent present ever and they hugged us and told us thank you so many times throughout the day!
  And after an up at 5 am morning...and it is 2:38 am as I write this blog, long ,emotional day and a night of taking Jack out in the cold rain to go potty....I am happy to report that I like him a little bit too......Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment