It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve Day Basketball

It was a day of basketball for us this New Years Eve and what fun we had in Indianapolis! Take this first picture in...really look at the cute little boys and how excited they are because after this one I took everything in color...it was not a black and white kind of day....it was a Kentucky blue day all the way!!! ooooohhhhh C-A-T-S Cats....Cats...Cats!!!!
 Everything was red and blue as it was the annual Kentucky vs. Louisville game!
Even my nachos were red and blue!

 We traveled to Indy to watch this game as we had tickets to see the Wizards play that afternoon. So we did what any devoted fan would do...we did everything in our power to see the game...and it worked out beautifully! Chris, Susan and Ben had tickets too so they watched the game with us...and my brother was going with us so he, Tonya and Syd joined us as well! Jillian's was rockin in Kentucky blue and it was so fun to watch the game with people we love and people who love Kentucky..that is always a bonus!
 Sydney came down to my end of the table with her new DS. Susan asked how old she was and I was able to tell her..how old she is today and when she will be 6...and as silly as that sounds, that felt really good...I know her birthday...it rolled off my tongue with ease. Last year was the first birthday that we had really celebrated with her...but even then I think I would have had to consult my birthday book for the exact date. She has only been in my life such a short time...it's so sad and yet so happy that I have her now.  So sitting in Jillian's with the Kentucky cheers all around us...we played with her new hot pink DS. The game faded around me and it was just Sydney and me...trying to build a roller coaster on her Phineas and Ferb game. And we did it...we built the coaster...we did it together.
 The game Basketball game was amazing as Kentucky pulled out a victory over the Cards....which means so much...it just does. We changed the boys into the Wizards wear and headed to the arena for some NBA action!


 The boys were so excited to see John Wall play....after Wildcat Camp with him this summer...he is like a living God to them...and it is like sugary sweetness to give your kids that kind of experience...one that makes them jittery with excitement!
 They wore their new John Wall basketball shoes that Santa had brought...........
 They wore their new Wall Jerseys that the Timmerings had given them...........
 And they cheered their hearts out when he came on the floor! The Wizards lost to the Pacers but Wall had an amazing game and was the leading scorer!
 To top it all off I got to share Donatos pizza...an absolute favorite of mine....with the boys for the first time! Oh it was a fun New Years Day for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment