It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ornament Exchange 2010

 It's one of my favorite days during the Christmas season...my ornament exchange! I love having girlfriends gather in my house for a few hours of Christmas cheer. Talking about what they are getting for their kids...their busy holiday schedules...their plans for Christmas...I just love it!  I just love them!
 There is just something about having a houseful of friends who you know you can count on...it just feels good..it feels warm inside. I am especially sentimental about my girlfriends this Christmas as one of the moms I have become friends with as school just discovered she is covered with cancer....just like that...all that she has she may have to say good bye to. She had surgery and is coming home for what may very well be her last Christmas with her kids...her family...her life.
 I usually say something at my ornament exchange...tell my girlfriends I love them and I am thankful for them...raise a glass...but not this year. This year as we sat in a circle getting ready to tear into the beautiful pile of ornaments...I just prayed for them..I prayed for them to be happy..and healthy...and to feel loved to their core.

It's always a fun night...of laughter..and friendship...and Christmas cheer...and I wish all my friends the Merriest of Christmases...and I hope they know I love them so very much...truly I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment