It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Homemade Cakesters

Riggs totally gets it...that Homemade is better now...from Macaroni and Cheese to Snickerdoodles...he prefers mine...and I love that...truly I do! It gives me that whole June Cleaver feeling...and I picture him all grown up...happily married to a lovely woman..who is a good cook...but when he comes home he happily eats my cooking because it is better than hers...and we share a glance between us because he and I both know it...but it is our little secret...we don't want to hurt her feelings. Won't I be devestated when she is a better cook than me! ;).....But for now...sometimes it is hard...although I would never tell him.  He will ask for homemade this or homemade that...and with our busy lives it is sometimes easier to pop a Marie Calendar Mac and cheese in the microwave than to start from scratch...so sometimes I do and sometimes I can't...and I am sad when I can't...but it is what it is.....

One of his favorite treats are Oreo Cakesters.....so he has been asking me to make them...this Spring break I finally did!
 They were not pretty...and really messy...but they were too die for!!!
I love making him smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment