It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, April 2, 2011

the writing on the wall

When I was taking the trash out today...I noticed this on the wood work around the door to the garage.  Who did it was a mystery. It wasn't Lila...she can't write. She sure did a great scribble number on the couch in the playroom though...sister can scribble! It looked too tall for Sarah Kate to do...beyond her reach on the wood..and she would never do something  like that. So what boy did it...and what one would write SK twice to frame their sister? I was on a mission to find out.
I gathered them together and asked all four of them...(included Lila cause she loves drama!) ....I gave my speech of you know better....tell me right now....if you lie you will get in more trouble....and waited for the guilty boy to stand up like a man and take his punishment.....i waited.....and waited...nothing. No one would give me anything.  So I had picked this battle...and my theory.... right or wrong...is if I pick the battle then Moma has to win it in the end...that is why I am very careful about what battles I pick but don't tell the kids that! ;). So I told them that if they could not figure it out they were all going to bed...and sent them upstairs for a meeting to talk about it with each other. They went to Riggs' room and I strained to listen from the stairs to their whispers...and then I heard my sweet little SK say....I think maybe I did it...but I'm not sure...I can't remember...I know I wanted to put my brothers and sisters initials on the wall but I don't know if I did it...I really can't remember...and my heart melted for her...and then I went into shock....K-kate did it....hard to believe. And I scrambled up the stairs to swoop in to talk, guide and comfort her through this admission ...but I stopped as I heard the brothers take care of it by themselves...take care of her. They told her sweetly that it would be fine...she wouldn't get in trouble if she told Moma...and were so sweet with her...I couldn't see but I am pretty sure they may have even been a few pats and back rubs as her guilty tears rolled down her cheeks. In a few minutes the boys came out and told me Sk had something to say. I walked into the room and K Kate was sitting in bed...tears spilling. Lila sat right beside her stroking her hair saying ....I got you Baby. Sarah Kate then told me she thought she did it. We had a little talk...even though I wanted to say...get your shoes on we are going to Wal-Mart to get you a new Barbie you sweet little girl!. Sometimes as a parent your heart is pulled in two different directions of what you need to do and what you want to do....and you have to really fight to see what is the best thing for this child in this moment. All forgiven....she said she wanted to go on to bed...so with a heavy heart she went to bed....
I just love her so much....God love her and the writing on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment