It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, April 18, 2011

Meet Moma Dove

This spring a Moma and Father dove tried to build a nest in the hanging flower container that hangs on the deck...right outside the door. It is a door we go in and out of all the time. When they started building I removed the start of their nest the first chance I got...and put a box in the container so they would build somewhere else. Although I enjoy the doves...I wanted to be able to go in and out of my door without being chirped at and swooped upon...so I just encouraged them to build somewhere else. They disappeared for about a week...and then she showed up on the deck railing...so fat with eggs. She looked at me...literally right in my eyes and I could see she was desperate for a soft place to call her home...it felt like Mary and Joseph. So with a sigh, I let them move into the container. She sits on her eggs all day and night...and he brings her food...it is lovely to watch them care care of the eggs and each other.
 This moma is something else...sometimes I feel like she is looking right into my soul. So far she has been a sweetheart...and never chirps or swoops when we go outside...that may change when the babies arrive...so for now I am happy to have her...everyone needs a soft place to land sometimes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment